Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Russia, Ukraine update battle reports

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      Russia, Ukraine update battle reports

      2024-09-15 11:04 Last Updated At:11:37

      The Russian Ministry of Defense announced on Saturday that Russian forces had taken control of Zhelannoye Pervoye settlement in the Donetsk region.

      In the past day, various Russian army groups killed and injured Ukrainian military personnel, destroyed Ukrainian tanks, armored vehicles, ammunition depots and other equipment and facilities, the ministry said.

      Russian forces repelled Ukrainian attacks from multiple settlements in the Kursk region. Russian tactical aviation and missile forces targeted several Ukrainian military units in Sumy Oblast.

      Also on Saturday, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces released a report, stating that there were 83 battles in the frontline areas that day. The frontline situation remained complex and tense, especially in the directions of Pokrovsk and Kurakhove.

      Ukrainian forces continued to resist the Russian advance and disrupt their attack plans, said the report. In the direction of Pokrovsk, Russian forces launched 23 attacks, while in the direction of Kurakhove, they launched 27 attacks.

      And the border areas of Sumy Oblast continued to be shelled by Russian forces.

      Russia, Ukraine update battle reports

      Russia, Ukraine update battle reports

      Next Article

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      2025-04-03 05:37 Last Updated At:07:17

      Amid widespread opposition, U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed two executive orders on the so-called "reciprocal tariffs," imposing a 10-percent "minimum baseline tariff" and higher rates on certain trading partners.

      Trump announced these tariffs in a speech in the White House Rose Garden, during which he also said a 25-percent tariff on cars and car parts imported into the U.S. will take effect on Thursday.

      Many trading partners of the U.S. have previously expressed their opposition, saying that they will take countermeasures in response.

      On Wednesday, President of the European Council Antonio Costa said the European Union must react in a "firm but smart manner" to the reciprocal tariffs.

      "This is truly a major economic mistake for the United States and also for Europe and the entire world," Costa said.

      Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the introduction of new U.S. tariffs would have heavy repercussions for Italian producers, adding that she did not rule out "adequate responses" to defend Italian products.

      While stating that the UK is engaging in constructive talks to reach a broader economic prosperity deal with the U.S., British Prime Minister Keir Starmer also said that the country is prepared for all possible scenarios and will not rule out any possibilities

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts