Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Death toll from Israeli strikes on Lebanon rises to 2,986

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      Death toll from Israeli strikes on Lebanon rises to 2,986

      2024-11-04 12:12 Last Updated At:12:37

      The death toll from Israeli airstrikes on Lebanon since the beginning of the Israeli-Hezbollah conflict in last October had reached 2,986, with injuries rising to13,402, the Lebanese Health Ministry said on Sunday.

      Eighteen people were killed and 83 others injured on Sunday in Israeli attacks on Lebanon, said the ministry.

      The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said in its latest report that due to Israel's continued air strikes and bombings, the humanitarian situation in Lebanon today is more severe than it was in 2006, when a major conflict between Lebanon and Israel broke out.

      Imran Riza, who served as the United Nations Special Coordinator for Lebanon (UNSCOL), condemned attacks against civilians and infrastructure, and called on all parties to the conflict to immediately cease hostilities and protect the people.

      The OCHA said in its report that the Israeli army had repeatedly asked people in Baalbek in eastern Lebanon, Nabatieh in the south, and the southern suburbs of the capital Beirut to evacuate, before launching airstrikes on these areas.

      As key infrastructure such as medical institutions have been damaged by airstrikes, many hospitals are overloaded, and some hospitals are facing a shortage of blood supplies, urgently needing blood donations to cope with the surge in the number of wounded, said the report.

      Previously, due to the continued airstrikes by the Israeli army, arrangements for the delivery of aid supplies to Baalbek had to be postponed, and medical supplies provided to Lebanon by other countries were also forced to be postponed due to frequent attacks near the airport.

      Death toll from Israeli strikes on Lebanon rises to 2,986

      Death toll from Israeli strikes on Lebanon rises to 2,986

      Next Article

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      2025-04-03 05:37 Last Updated At:09:07

      Amid widespread opposition, U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed two executive orders on the so-called "reciprocal tariffs," imposing a 10-percent "minimum baseline tariff" and higher rates on certain trading partners.

      Trump announced these tariffs in a speech in the White House Rose Garden, during which he also said a 25-percent tariff on cars and car parts imported into the U.S. will take effect on Thursday.

      Many trading partners of the U.S. have previously expressed their opposition, saying that they will take countermeasures in response.

      On Wednesday, President of the European Council Antonio Costa said the European Union must react in a "firm but smart manner" to the reciprocal tariffs.

      "This is truly a major economic mistake for the United States and also for Europe and the entire world," Costa said.

      Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the introduction of new U.S. tariffs would have heavy repercussions for Italian producers, adding that she did not rule out "adequate responses" to defend Italian products.

      While stating that the UK is engaging in constructive talks to reach a broader economic prosperity deal with the U.S., British Prime Minister Keir Starmer also said that the country is prepared for all possible scenarios and will not rule out any possibilities

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts