The China Media Group (CMG) on Monday released a second promotional video for its New Year Gala to usher in the year of 2025, highlighting high-tech elements used in the gala.
The gala, themed "Sail into 2025," will be simultaneously aired on Tuesday on multiple CMG TV channels, along with various other Chinese television channels and radio stations throughout the country.
The gala was filmed in Tai'an City, east China's Shandong Province.
Xia Yu, general director of the gala, said that most of the creative programs are drawn from the real, passionate and striving life in the new era, including both reviews of the past and blessings for the future.
The gala adopts a high-tech way of expression to attract more young people. The programs combined XR/AR virtual reality technologies, integrated drones, robot performances and other technological means to enhance the final effects.
The gala also adopts the "Osmo shooting perspective" -- filming using DJI's Osmo series handheld gimbals and accessories -- favored by young people to offer new audio-visual experiences such as watching the gala in vertical screen.
CMG New Year Gala highlights high-tech elements
CMG New Year Gala highlights high-tech elements
Amid widespread opposition, U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed two executive orders on the so-called "reciprocal tariffs," imposing a 10-percent "minimum baseline tariff" and higher rates on certain trading partners.
Trump announced these tariffs in a speech in the White House Rose Garden, during which he also said a 25-percent tariff on cars and car parts imported into the U.S. will take effect on Thursday.
Many trading partners of the U.S. have previously expressed their opposition, saying that they will take countermeasures in response.
On Wednesday, President of the European Council Antonio Costa said the European Union must react in a "firm but smart manner" to the reciprocal tariffs.
"This is truly a major economic mistake for the United States and also for Europe and the entire world," Costa said.
Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the introduction of new U.S. tariffs would have heavy repercussions for Italian producers, adding that she did not rule out "adequate responses" to defend Italian products.
While stating that the UK is engaging in constructive talks to reach a broader economic prosperity deal with the U.S., British Prime Minister Keir Starmer also said that the country is prepared for all possible scenarios and will not rule out any possibilities
Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition