China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC) carried out a total of five rocket engine tests in Beijing and Laiyuan County, north China's Hebei Province on Thursday, laying a solid foundation for the implementation of major aerospace projects later this year.
In Beijing, Institute 101 of the Academy of Aerospace Propulsion Technology under the CASC conducted a test on four types of engines, including a new hydrogen-oxygen engine.
At 11:21, a new engine was ignited and shut down normally after working for about 100 seconds, successfully completing ground calibration testing before its delivery.
"The just-completed experiment tested an upper-stage hydrogen-oxygen engine. It tested the overall coordination of the engine and obtained performance data. After assessment, we concluded that the test was a complete success," said Xia Wei, an engineer of the CASC.
Besides the test, Beijing also witnessed the other three tests on the rockets' main thrust engine, upper-stage engine, and reaction and orbit control engine.
In Laiyuan, a test of a liquid oxygen-methane engine was also successfully completed on Thursday.
China conducts 5 rocket engine tests in Beijing, Hebei
China conducts 5 rocket engine tests in Beijing, Hebei
China conducts 5 rocket engine tests in Beijing, Hebei
Amid widespread opposition, U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed two executive orders on the so-called "reciprocal tariffs," imposing a 10-percent "minimum baseline tariff" and higher rates on certain trading partners.
Trump announced these tariffs in a speech in the White House Rose Garden, during which he also said a 25-percent tariff on cars and car parts imported into the U.S. will take effect on Thursday.
Many trading partners of the U.S. have previously expressed their opposition, saying that they will take countermeasures in response.
On Wednesday, President of the European Council Antonio Costa said the European Union must react in a "firm but smart manner" to the reciprocal tariffs.
"This is truly a major economic mistake for the United States and also for Europe and the entire world," Costa said.
Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the introduction of new U.S. tariffs would have heavy repercussions for Italian producers, adding that she did not rule out "adequate responses" to defend Italian products.
While stating that the UK is engaging in constructive talks to reach a broader economic prosperity deal with the U.S., British Prime Minister Keir Starmer also said that the country is prepared for all possible scenarios and will not rule out any possibilities
Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition
Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition