Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Zoo in east China's Nanjing shares video of its newest koala joey

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      Zoo in east China's Nanjing shares video of its newest koala joey

      2025-01-04 17:53 Last Updated At:18:07

      On the New Year's Day, the Nanjing Hongshan Forest Zoo in east China's Jiangsu Province shared video of its newest koala joey, showing that the adorable creature has successfully peeked out of its mother's pouch.

      Born on May 4, 2024, the sixth baby of the koala pair Wutong and Moli began life as a tiny joey, measuring just about two centimeters at birth.

      Instinctively, the newborn would crawl into its mother's pouch, where it would spend around six months developing in a secure, nurturing environment.

      On November 11, the joey -- affectionately nicknamed "Princess VI" by the zoo -- made its first full exit from the pouch to explore the outside world.

      Now, nestled in its mother's arms, the joey has begun nibbling on eucalyptus leaves to strengthen its teeth, though its primary nutrition still comes from its mother's milk, said a zoo keeper.

      The zoo is now inviting members of the public to help name this adorable addition to the zoo's animal family.

      Zoo in east China's Nanjing shares video of its newest koala joey

      Zoo in east China's Nanjing shares video of its newest koala joey

      Next Article

      Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

      2025-04-03 10:47 Last Updated At:11:07

      The Palestinian death toll in Gaza Strip has risen to 50,423, with 114,638 injured, after nearly 18 months of Israeli military operations, Gaza health authorities said Wednesday.

      Local medical sources noted that since the Israeli army resumed its operations on March 18, the number of fatalities has reached 1,066, while 2,597 have been injured.

      In the past 24 hours alone, hospitals in Gaza received 24 fatalities and 55 injured. Many bodies remain trapped beneath the rubble, with ambulances and civil defense personnel struggling to reach them.

      According to a report by the Times of Israel, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced on Wednesday that it had carried out strikes on over 50 sites belonging to Hamas and other militant groups, ahead of a major ground push into the southern Gaza Strip. During the day, dozens more strikes were carried out across Gaza.

      In addition, the IDF issued a statement on Wednesday night that it had intercepted two rockets launched from northern Gaza. Air raid sirens were activated in areas near the Gaza Strip, and local media said that there are no reports of injuries or damage in the attack. The Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, claimed responsibility for the attack.

      According to Palestinian media reports on Wednesday, the Israeli air force targeted a medical facility operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) in the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza. The head of Gaza-based health authorities reported on the same day that 19 people were killed in the attack.

      The Israeli military stated on Wednesday that it had struck a Hamas command center in Jabalia.

      On Wednesday night, Al Jazeera quoted relevant sources as saying that Hamas officials had received Israel's response to the ceasefire proposal, which had been put forward by mediators and accepted by Hamas. Based on this response, they concluded that Israel had rejected the proposal.

      Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

      Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts