Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

      2025-01-05 14:47 Last Updated At:18:57

      South Korean people continued their protests on Saturday, demanding the removal of President Yoon Suk-yeol following a historic arrest warrant issued against him earlier in the week.

      Despite chilly weather, a large crowd of locals gathered in the streets of Daegu, a metropolitan city in the country's southeast, chanting and calling on the Constitutional Court to pass the impeachment case of Yoon Suk-yeol.

      The rally comes amid a deepening political crisis as tensions escalate between government authorities and those pushing for Yoon's impeachment.

      On Friday, investigators from South Korea's Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials (CIO) left the presidential residence after failing to arrest the impeached president.

      The Seoul court-issued arrest warrant, marking the first of its kind against a sitting president in modern South Korean history, remained unenforced due to continued confrontations.

      South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

      South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

      South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

      South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

      South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

      South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

      South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

      South Koreans rally in Daegu, demand Yoon's ouster

      Next Article

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      2025-04-03 05:37 Last Updated At:07:17

      Amid widespread opposition, U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed two executive orders on the so-called "reciprocal tariffs," imposing a 10-percent "minimum baseline tariff" and higher rates on certain trading partners.

      Trump announced these tariffs in a speech in the White House Rose Garden, during which he also said a 25-percent tariff on cars and car parts imported into the U.S. will take effect on Thursday.

      Many trading partners of the U.S. have previously expressed their opposition, saying that they will take countermeasures in response.

      On Wednesday, President of the European Council Antonio Costa said the European Union must react in a "firm but smart manner" to the reciprocal tariffs.

      "This is truly a major economic mistake for the United States and also for Europe and the entire world," Costa said.

      Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the introduction of new U.S. tariffs would have heavy repercussions for Italian producers, adding that she did not rule out "adequate responses" to defend Italian products.

      While stating that the UK is engaging in constructive talks to reach a broader economic prosperity deal with the U.S., British Prime Minister Keir Starmer also said that the country is prepared for all possible scenarios and will not rule out any possibilities

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts