Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Ice festival further boosts Harbin's winter tourism

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      Ice festival further boosts Harbin's winter tourism

      2025-01-05 17:13 Last Updated At:19:37

      Winter tourism in the northeastern Chinese city Harbin entered a high season as the Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival opened on Sunday.

      In the Harbin Ice and Snow World, the prime destination for winter tourists in the city, new sculptures from the just concluded 36th Harbin International Ice Sculpture Competition are unveiled to the public.

      Unlike the larger, monumental ice sculptures typically seen at the park, these competition pieces, brought by artists from 12 countries, emphasize fine details and are better appreciated up close.

      This year's Ice and Snow World is still rolling out new ice sculptures after opening for half a month. This set of ice sculptures of terracotta warrior sculptures, for example, was just completed.

      So far the Ice and Snow World has received 804,000 visitors, a year-on-year increase of 24.3 percent. The tourism season is expected to peak soon, as the city enters its high season marked by the opening of the 41st Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival.

      The festival, one of the world's four major ice and snow festivals, also coincides with the 9th Asian Winter Games taking place in Harbin in February, which further heats up tourism for the city.

      The Ice and Snow World also hosts a studio of China Media Group, which will be broadcasting programs related to the Asian Winter Games from the heart of China's "ice city."

      Ice festival further boosts Harbin's winter tourism

      Ice festival further boosts Harbin's winter tourism

      Next Article

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      2025-04-03 05:37 Last Updated At:07:17

      Amid widespread opposition, U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed two executive orders on the so-called "reciprocal tariffs," imposing a 10-percent "minimum baseline tariff" and higher rates on certain trading partners.

      Trump announced these tariffs in a speech in the White House Rose Garden, during which he also said a 25-percent tariff on cars and car parts imported into the U.S. will take effect on Thursday.

      Many trading partners of the U.S. have previously expressed their opposition, saying that they will take countermeasures in response.

      On Wednesday, President of the European Council Antonio Costa said the European Union must react in a "firm but smart manner" to the reciprocal tariffs.

      "This is truly a major economic mistake for the United States and also for Europe and the entire world," Costa said.

      Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the introduction of new U.S. tariffs would have heavy repercussions for Italian producers, adding that she did not rule out "adequate responses" to defend Italian products.

      While stating that the UK is engaging in constructive talks to reach a broader economic prosperity deal with the U.S., British Prime Minister Keir Starmer also said that the country is prepared for all possible scenarios and will not rule out any possibilities

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts