Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

China launches cost-effective cargo express trains

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      China launches cost-effective cargo express trains

      2025-01-06 22:24 Last Updated At:22:47

      Three freight trains with a speed of 120 kilometers per hour respectively departed from three Chinese cities on Monday, marking the country's official launch of cargo express trains.

      One of the expresses departed from Langfang City in north China's Hebei Province with 43 containers, and is going to arrive in Changping Station in south China's Guangdong Province in over 30 hours.

      "The route between (Hebei Province's) Guangyang District to (Guangdong Province's) Changping Town stretches 1,750 kilometers. The maximum speed of the train can reach 120 kilometers per hour. We set the price close to that of the road transportation, which is roughly the same," said Zhang Wansheng, deputy director of China Railway Beijing Group's freight transport department.

      The cargo express trains mainly travel between economically developed areas, such as the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region, the Yangtze River Delta and the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.

      There will be six lines, with all of them using container marshaling.

      Clients are able to check the price and available spots of the containers online, and make bookings based on their needs.

      "After we book the spot for containers, a fleet of trucks is dispatched to load goods directly at our location. Let's calculate the costs, it saves us about 15 percent in transportation cost," said Hou Bin, a person in charge of a logistics enterprise in Shanghai.

      China launches cost-effective cargo express trains

      China launches cost-effective cargo express trains

      Next Article

      Myanmar earthquake death toll rises to 3,564

      2025-04-07 00:30 Last Updated At:03:17

      The death toll from Myanmar's earthquake rose to 3,564, with 5,012 people injured and 210 still missing as of Sunday evening, according to the Information Team of Myanmar's State Administration Council.

      A powerful 7.9-magnitude earthquake struck Myanmar at 12:51 local time on March 28.

      According to the country's Department of Meteorology and Hydrology, a total of 89 aftershocks -- ranging in magnitude from 2.8 to 7.5 -- had been recorded by Sunday.

      Myanmar earthquake death toll rises to 3,564

      Myanmar earthquake death toll rises to 3,564

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts