Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

China's aviation sector set for continued growth in 2025

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      China's aviation sector set for continued growth in 2025

      2025-01-10 16:57 Last Updated At:17:57

      China's aviation industry is poised for steady growth in 2025, with projected growth in air cargo, passenger traffic, and industry revenue, according to plans announced at a national civil aviation work conference on Thursday.

      According to the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the country's aviation industry is forecast to achieve a transportation turnover of 161 billion tonne-km, with passenger traffic soaring to 780 million and cargo and mail volume surging to 9.5 million tonnes, which is expected to drive further growth in profitability

      The recovery of international flights is also a key focus, with the CAAC aiming to restore international flight capacity to over 90 percent of pre-pandemic levels in 2025.

      Key airport projects in cities such as Guangzhou in southern China, Dalian in northeastern China, and regional airports such as Balikun Dahe Airport in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region will advance, with the goal of increasing the total number of transport airports to 270 by the end of the year.

      The CAAC will also prioritize optimizing airspace in busy regions such as Wenzhou in eastern China, Wuhan in central China, and Hainan in southern China, to enhance air traffic management.

      China's aviation sector set for continued growth in 2025

      China's aviation sector set for continued growth in 2025

      China's aviation sector set for continued growth in 2025

      China's aviation sector set for continued growth in 2025

      Next Article

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      2025-04-03 05:37 Last Updated At:09:07

      Amid widespread opposition, U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed two executive orders on the so-called "reciprocal tariffs," imposing a 10-percent "minimum baseline tariff" and higher rates on certain trading partners.

      Trump announced these tariffs in a speech in the White House Rose Garden, during which he also said a 25-percent tariff on cars and car parts imported into the U.S. will take effect on Thursday.

      Many trading partners of the U.S. have previously expressed their opposition, saying that they will take countermeasures in response.

      On Wednesday, President of the European Council Antonio Costa said the European Union must react in a "firm but smart manner" to the reciprocal tariffs.

      "This is truly a major economic mistake for the United States and also for Europe and the entire world," Costa said.

      Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the introduction of new U.S. tariffs would have heavy repercussions for Italian producers, adding that she did not rule out "adequate responses" to defend Italian products.

      While stating that the UK is engaging in constructive talks to reach a broader economic prosperity deal with the U.S., British Prime Minister Keir Starmer also said that the country is prepared for all possible scenarios and will not rule out any possibilities

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts