Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Danish badminton player aims for gold at Paris Olympics

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      Danish badminton player aims for gold at Paris Olympics

      2024-07-30 21:15 Last Updated At:21:37

      Danish badminton superstar Viktor Axelsen is aiming for gold at the Paris Olympics, with expectations soaring as he prepares to face Ireland's Nhat Nguyen in a crucial match on Wednesday.

      The Olympic gold medalist and two-time World Champion spoke with China Global Television Network (CGTN), emphasizing the importance of focusing on one match at a time as the pressure mounts ahead of tomorrow's match.

      "I feel pretty good right now. I had some injuries this year, but right now I feel okay. I also think I have trained very well," said Axelsen.

      Talking of his Chinese-speaking ability, Axelsen said he learned Chinese in search of more opportunities in the badminton-loving nation. Now, he boasts more than a million followers on Chinese social media platform Douyin.

      "I think China is a very interesting country. Additionally, I think Chinese players are really strong. I feel I can learn a lot [from them.] Moreover, I know badminton is a very popular sport in China. So, I told myself that if I can speak Chinese, it might bring me many opportunities and allow me to learn a lot," said the player.

      "My goal is to win the gold medal. However, I think the competition is very fierce, with many strong opponents. So, for me, the most important thing is to focus all my attention on each match because the Olympics come with a lot of pressure. Therefore, I don't want to think too far ahead. I need to take it one step at a time and then hope I can achieve good results," he said.

      Danish badminton player aims for gold at Paris Olympics

      Danish badminton player aims for gold at Paris Olympics

      Next Article

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      2025-04-03 05:37 Last Updated At:09:07

      Amid widespread opposition, U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed two executive orders on the so-called "reciprocal tariffs," imposing a 10-percent "minimum baseline tariff" and higher rates on certain trading partners.

      Trump announced these tariffs in a speech in the White House Rose Garden, during which he also said a 25-percent tariff on cars and car parts imported into the U.S. will take effect on Thursday.

      Many trading partners of the U.S. have previously expressed their opposition, saying that they will take countermeasures in response.

      On Wednesday, President of the European Council Antonio Costa said the European Union must react in a "firm but smart manner" to the reciprocal tariffs.

      "This is truly a major economic mistake for the United States and also for Europe and the entire world," Costa said.

      Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the introduction of new U.S. tariffs would have heavy repercussions for Italian producers, adding that she did not rule out "adequate responses" to defend Italian products.

      While stating that the UK is engaging in constructive talks to reach a broader economic prosperity deal with the U.S., British Prime Minister Keir Starmer also said that the country is prepared for all possible scenarios and will not rule out any possibilities

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Trump imposes "reciprocal tariffs" amid widespread opposition

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts