Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

S African exhibitors bring new products to CIIE for opportunities

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      S African exhibitors bring new products to CIIE for opportunities

      2024-11-08 22:07 Last Updated At:23:57

      South African businesses are bringing more products to China International Import Expo (CIIE), adding snails and avocados among the featured products, as the expo continues to expand its client base and provide fresh opportunities.

      As one of the major participating countries in the CIIE, South Africa has been showcasing their products at the expo for consecutive years, and has seen many local exhibitors benefit.

      Peter Jordan, a business representative who participated in last year's CIIE, praised the expo as an exceptional venue for South African businesses to expand their connection and reach the global market.

      "As a South African company, we were blessed to go there last year to the expo. It's a fantastic platform for companies from all over the world. I really think that China is doing a fantastic job by opening it up, so the imports can come into China. And this expo is a fantastic opportunity where we can meet with new people, new customers, and new friends," said Jordan.

      In addition to its world-famous exports like rooibos tea and wine, South African exhibitors are bringing diversified products with local appeal, such as avocados and snails.

      Vernich Kolonye, who runs a commercial snail farm, expressed excitement about presenting his offerings in China for the first time.

      "We are a commercial snail farm. We are very very fortunate to be chosen by them to attend the expo. It gives us, as a small business, an enormous opportunity to present our products in China, at the expo in Shanghai," said Kolonye.

      S African exhibitors bring new products to CIIE for opportunities

      S African exhibitors bring new products to CIIE for opportunities

      Next Article

      Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

      2025-04-03 10:47 Last Updated At:11:07

      The Palestinian death toll in Gaza Strip has risen to 50,423, with 114,638 injured, after nearly 18 months of Israeli military operations, Gaza health authorities said Wednesday.

      Local medical sources noted that since the Israeli army resumed its operations on March 18, the number of fatalities has reached 1,066, while 2,597 have been injured.

      In the past 24 hours alone, hospitals in Gaza received 24 fatalities and 55 injured. Many bodies remain trapped beneath the rubble, with ambulances and civil defense personnel struggling to reach them.

      According to a report by the Times of Israel, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced on Wednesday that it had carried out strikes on over 50 sites belonging to Hamas and other militant groups, ahead of a major ground push into the southern Gaza Strip. During the day, dozens more strikes were carried out across Gaza.

      In addition, the IDF issued a statement on Wednesday night that it had intercepted two rockets launched from northern Gaza. Air raid sirens were activated in areas near the Gaza Strip, and local media said that there are no reports of injuries or damage in the attack. The Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, claimed responsibility for the attack.

      According to Palestinian media reports on Wednesday, the Israeli air force targeted a medical facility operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) in the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza. The head of Gaza-based health authorities reported on the same day that 19 people were killed in the attack.

      The Israeli military stated on Wednesday that it had struck a Hamas command center in Jabalia.

      On Wednesday night, Al Jazeera quoted relevant sources as saying that Hamas officials had received Israel's response to the ceasefire proposal, which had been put forward by mediators and accepted by Hamas. Based on this response, they concluded that Israel had rejected the proposal.

      Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

      Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts