Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Migratory birds flock to eastern, central China as temperatures drop

China

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time 0:00
Â
1x
    • Chapters
    • descriptions off, selected
    • captions off, selected
      China

      China

      Migratory birds flock to eastern, central China as temperatures drop

      2025-01-05 19:15 Last Updated At:19:37

      As temperatures drop, swarms of migratory birds have flocked to wetland reserves in Jiangxi and Hubei provinces, enjoying their winter stopover at the wetland sanctuaries where food is abundant.

      At Nanji wetland in Nanchang, east China's Jiangxi Province, a record high of over 5,000 oriental white storks, a bird species under first-class national protection in China, have been spotted recently.

      According to wetland workers, the population of migratory birds has been steadily growing since fishing was banned in 2020.

      In addition, relevant authorities have conducted joint law enforcement and strengthened patrols to ensure that migratory birds can safely spend the winter there.

      A wetland in Yangxin County, central China's Hubei Province, has recently transformed into a lake of swans with the arrival of large numbers of little swans.

      The little swans were seen foraging, playing, and swimming at the Wanghu Wetland Nature Reserve, attracting many bird enthusiasts to capture the moments in photography.

      This year, the population of little swans, a species under second-class national protection, has doubled compared to previous years.

      The wetland, located in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River, is one of the key stops along the migratory route of birds.

      It has so far welcomed more than 90,000 migratory birds of 49 species, and the number is expected to reach 100,000 by the end of January.

      Migratory birds flock to eastern, central China as temperatures drop

      Migratory birds flock to eastern, central China as temperatures drop

      Next Article

      Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

      2025-04-03 10:47 Last Updated At:11:07

      The Palestinian death toll in Gaza Strip has risen to 50,423, with 114,638 injured, after nearly 18 months of Israeli military operations, Gaza health authorities said Wednesday.

      Local medical sources noted that since the Israeli army resumed its operations on March 18, the number of fatalities has reached 1,066, while 2,597 have been injured.

      In the past 24 hours alone, hospitals in Gaza received 24 fatalities and 55 injured. Many bodies remain trapped beneath the rubble, with ambulances and civil defense personnel struggling to reach them.

      According to a report by the Times of Israel, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced on Wednesday that it had carried out strikes on over 50 sites belonging to Hamas and other militant groups, ahead of a major ground push into the southern Gaza Strip. During the day, dozens more strikes were carried out across Gaza.

      In addition, the IDF issued a statement on Wednesday night that it had intercepted two rockets launched from northern Gaza. Air raid sirens were activated in areas near the Gaza Strip, and local media said that there are no reports of injuries or damage in the attack. The Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, claimed responsibility for the attack.

      According to Palestinian media reports on Wednesday, the Israeli air force targeted a medical facility operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) in the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza. The head of Gaza-based health authorities reported on the same day that 19 people were killed in the attack.

      The Israeli military stated on Wednesday that it had struck a Hamas command center in Jabalia.

      On Wednesday night, Al Jazeera quoted relevant sources as saying that Hamas officials had received Israel's response to the ceasefire proposal, which had been put forward by mediators and accepted by Hamas. Based on this response, they concluded that Israel had rejected the proposal.

      Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

      Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

      Recommended Articles
      Hot · Posts