Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

China ready to share opportunities, benefits with world: spokesman

China

China ready to share opportunities, benefits with world: spokesman
China

China

China ready to share opportunities, benefits with world: spokesman

2025-01-08 17:08 Last Updated At:21:07

As a significant driving force for strengthening global connectivity, China stands ready to share opportunities and benefits with the world, said a Foreign Ministry spokesman at a press briefing in Beijing on Wednesday.

Guo Jiakun, the spokesman, made the statement in response to a media inquiry on the fruitful cooperation between China and other countries in promoting global connectivity.

China is an important driving force for strengthening global connectivity and over the recent period the country has been making continuous progresses in related cooperation, said Guo.

"We've heard good news recently about connectivity cooperation between China and relevant countries. The China-Europe Railway Express has run over 100,000 trips in total, the total cargo throughput of the China-Laos Railway has exceeded 50 million tonnes, the new western land-sea corridor train service has run over 10,000 trips in the whole year for the first time, the China-Europe Trans-Caspian Express was officially launched, the construction of the China-Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan railway has started, priority projects such as the China-Viet Nam cross-border railway and the Malaysia's East Coast Rail Link have made important progress, and the first ever two-way voyage between Chancay and Shanghai through the new land-sea corridor between China and Latin America has been completed. China has become an important driving force for global connectivity," said Guo.

Strengthening connectivity can help the Global South promote development and China has been increasing related efforts to share benefits and opportunities with the world through high-quality development and high-level opening up, said Guo.

"Connectivity is one of the important cooperation areas under the China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative and meets the Global South's aspiration for 'empowering development' China last week unveiled 15 measures aimed at advancing large-scale development of the western region, and the country will take synergized efforts in building an international logistics corridor to forge an all-round opening up paradigm at a faster pace that connects China and the world through land and sea as well as the eastern and western regions of the nation. We will uphold the principle of extensive consultation and joint contribution for shared benefit, expand new space for win-win development at a higher level and with greater resilience and sustainability, share with the world opportunities and dividends with China's high-quality development and high-standard opening up, and help Global South countries realize modernization," said Guo.

China ready to share opportunities, benefits with world: spokesman

China ready to share opportunities, benefits with world: spokesman

Next Article

Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

2025-04-03 10:47 Last Updated At:11:07

The Palestinian death toll in Gaza Strip has risen to 50,423, with 114,638 injured, after nearly 18 months of Israeli military operations, Gaza health authorities said Wednesday.

Local medical sources noted that since the Israeli army resumed its operations on March 18, the number of fatalities has reached 1,066, while 2,597 have been injured.

In the past 24 hours alone, hospitals in Gaza received 24 fatalities and 55 injured. Many bodies remain trapped beneath the rubble, with ambulances and civil defense personnel struggling to reach them.

According to a report by the Times of Israel, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced on Wednesday that it had carried out strikes on over 50 sites belonging to Hamas and other militant groups, ahead of a major ground push into the southern Gaza Strip. During the day, dozens more strikes were carried out across Gaza.

In addition, the IDF issued a statement on Wednesday night that it had intercepted two rockets launched from northern Gaza. Air raid sirens were activated in areas near the Gaza Strip, and local media said that there are no reports of injuries or damage in the attack. The Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, claimed responsibility for the attack.

According to Palestinian media reports on Wednesday, the Israeli air force targeted a medical facility operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) in the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza. The head of Gaza-based health authorities reported on the same day that 19 people were killed in the attack.

The Israeli military stated on Wednesday that it had struck a Hamas command center in Jabalia.

On Wednesday night, Al Jazeera quoted relevant sources as saying that Hamas officials had received Israel's response to the ceasefire proposal, which had been put forward by mediators and accepted by Hamas. Based on this response, they concluded that Israel had rejected the proposal.

Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises to 50,423

Recommended Articles
Hot · Posts